CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Poem

My boss, Michelle, is a phenomenal poet. She recently wrote one that I fell in love with so I thought I would share it. I am a sucker for poetry and good stories. Hope you all enjoy!

Written by Michelle Huggins to Debi, in memory of her love James Innes

A hawk flew past
his talons exposed,
I thought of you
gracefully growing old.
Then I realized,
now in my mind,
you won't age.
And the fact that you left
means I must turn a page.
In this way
The world has ripped me
from you.
In the grip of its talon,
at the drop of a shoe;
gone are the moments
of watching you soar;
and the though of lost flight
makes me miss you more.

I'm tired,
eyes burning,
I've been dreaming of you.
Life is disconcerting,
disconnected;
What can I do?
The first few moments,
and for days after you left,
I had so much to do
couldn't think of myself.
Background noise
so loud
I couldn't hear you.
But,
when the ground stopped shaking
the volume came through.
Then I heard your laughter;
I could taste your skin
I felt your warm breath,
smelled the clothes you were in.

Even now
You seem to be everywhere I look;
A hero;
in torment in the pages of my book.
The breeze;
that innocently brushes my face.
The void;
of a man who once crowded this space.
The whisper;
heard faintly from across a room.
The person;
missing next to me at night in my tomb.
It's amazing
how crazy we could drive one another.
The way of the world
when it comes to true lovers.
Those moments are gone
in the blink of an eye.
But your memory is rich
and full,
and I start to cry.

1 comments:

Trace said...

WOW! Those are great. So visual. She really is a great poet. I can't wait for Friday night midnight madness!!!